Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So far this week...

Late Monday, Dave was moved back to his room he started out in, in the multi-organ transplant ward of the hospital (I didn't even know they had such a thing?!).

Tuesday he, my mom (and a lucky Monty!) learned all about the medications he will be on, some for 3 months, some for 6 months, some for life. They all have to be closely monitored so they can maintain a good balance of doing good to his body.

Tonight, Tibor, Audra and I went to visit him again. We didn't get to stay as long as we would have liked but it was nice to see him.

He is not allowed flowers/plants, or fruit, but he can get cards and balloons, if you'd like to send him a greeting, you can click here to send him an e-greeting, the volunteers at the hospital deliver to him daily. He also has a TV in his room with a VHS/DVD player and was allowed to pick out some movies from their movie library to watch. They've also lent him a lap top and even had someone come and give my mom a quick 10 minute massage - so they are well taken care of!

Tomorrow he will begin his liquid diet. The last I heard they were hoping for a Friday release, but I am not sure if that has changed any or not. Hopefully I can get Dave or my mom on here to update when they can as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment